To learn more about current opportunities, click on the career title below.
Environmental Systems Technician
3 POSITIONS AVAILABLE (Texas/Gulf Coast, US West Coast, RI/New England)
Ambilabs® specializes in the manufacturing, maintenance, and operation of air pollution monitoring systems. The company is currently seeking an Environmental Systems Technician to join our team. With us, you will have the opportunity to be exposed to the full life-cycle of measurement projects – from concept design to operational integration and operation, long-term system maintenance, and all steps in between.
Our preferred candidate will have prior experience in the operation and maintenance of continuous measurement systems. You will have the ability to work and learn independently and be willing to make best judgment decisions in an operational setting. You will have a mechanical aptitude, advanced troubleshooting skills, and a knowledge base that includes the scientific principles of air measurement, pneumatics, electrical and electronics, computing, and network skills.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Ambilabs® core products and services and utilize this knowledge to successfully manage, deliver and enhance Air Quality Monitoring Projects for our customers.
- Ability to perform technical training to other employees/interns
- Communicate with existing customers and ensure that projects are delivered as per customers’ expectations.
- Help to plan each customer job thoroughly in advance to ensure all necessary tools, spares and equipment are available to complete pending and current tasks.
- System Installation, Servicing and Maintenance of Ambient and Stack Environmental Air Pollution Monitoring and Measurement Equipment
- Travel to customer sites and perform installation, maintenance and troubleshooting. Ensuring sufficient equipment/spares are on hand to attend most foreseeable failures.
- Provide ongoing customer support for existing projects. Both technical and administrative tasks must be completed in a timely manner.
- Provide suggestions on how to improve existing customer projects and pass this to the regional manager for potential proposals.
- Demonstrate initiative in finding solutions to customers’ ambient air monitoring challenges.
- Perform Customer Training on all elements of the Ambient Air monitoring station systems.
- To ensure that any company procedures and policies are followed as they are implemented; if unclear this must be communicated immediately to the Regional Manager.
- Assist in meeting project management goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in the environmental field or lab setting
- Thorough understanding of Networking communications
- High attention to detail and organization
- Developed research skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Hands on technical knowledge (an understanding of technical instrumentation, its workings and advances)
- Must be able to and willing to travel on a regular basis
- Strong Industry background preferred
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Must be a US citizen or legally able to work in the US
Ambilabs® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full time position with office hours 8:30am to 5:30pm Mon to Fri.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please forward cover letter and resume to HR@AmericanEcotech.com and include Environmental Systems Engineer in the subject line.
Inside Sales Representative
Ambilabs® is searching for a highly motivated, talented individual who is ready to embark upon a life- changing experience as a sales professional. With our state-of-the-art sales process that focusses intently on partnering with our customers to help identify and solve air pollutant monitoring problems, we are offering the opportunity to be well rewarded for your participation in the process of helping our customers.
Working as a sales representative with our company means you will help us develop, maintain, and nurture important customer relationships. By working collaboratively with other team members in our company, you will help to develop and execute engaging and unique sales strategies that not only promote our products and services to new and existing customers, but also engage our customers in a meaningful dialog with the predominant focus being on how we can help best help them.
Additional benefits at Ambilabs® include 401k, health and dental insurance and excellent remuneration. But most importantly, we are seeking a person who wants to be an integral part of a dynamic team that is focused on our core mission of helping our customers to accurately monitor air pollution.
What will you be working on:
- Building and sustaining long-lasting relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Serve as the primary responsible sales point of contact for customer business questions as assigned
- Generate and qualify leads
- Finding elegant solutions to for a customer’s hard technical problems
- Evaluating and putting together a solution for the best systems setup for our customers to meet their needs
- Develop and make presentations of company products and services to current and potential clients
- Attend sales meetings, trade shows, and training workshops as required.
- Participate actively weekly reports updates discussing sales initiatives and sales results
- Interact with our sales support team to develop innovative client proposals and quotes which seek to directly address and solve our customer’s air monitoring problems.
- Full access to our in-depth CRM database containing over 10,000 industry contacts.
- Work together with our team to help set monthly, quarterly, and annual sales target, then work hard to achieve those targets.
- Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and managing quality of product and service delivery.
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of sales
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Knowledge of basic business principles
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Experience in sales
- Experience in making presentations
- Proven ability to achieve sales targets
This position will require some travel
Must be a US Citizen or Authorized to work in the US
If you have the willingness to succeed in a one-of-a-kind, award-winning company, join our team today.
Are you a talented technology & instrumentation engineer?
Are you seeking new challenges in the interesting field of environmental air quality instrumentation? Are you interested in developing technology for the purposes of helping to ensure a cleaner earth in terms of the air we breathe?
As a Research & Development Engineer working with our team, you will take on the leadership of our technology development.
You will detail project plans & be responsible for the development of cutting-edge technology that is being designed for national (and global) air quality measurements. This will also include managing team members within our engineering & production team to help improve all aspects of product development and production to keep projects moving forward on schedule. If you have strong previous expertise and an ability to identify and solve complex technical problems, along with proven competence and success in scientific instrumentation engineering & product
development, then we would like to open a conversation with you.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Train under the Director to take ownership of company in-house R&D program
- Learn & apply company strategic technology goals.
- Liaise constructively with end users and customers in a technical & operational capacity to obtain feedback for product enhancements.
- Facilitate future R&D grant funding.
- Prepare R&D grant applications on behalf of the company, from an engineering perspective.
- Create designs for instrument devices based on innovative concepts so that they can be commercialized.
- Assist with the commercialization of current R&D from an engineering & technical perspective.
- Engineer robust and manufactural products through strong understanding and application of engineering fundamentals.
- Develop and execute test methods which specify measurement equipment, test set-up, measurement systems analysis, and data analysis.
- Write detailed technical reports based on design verification analysis/testing for design changes and product design activities.
- Define material properties, develop concepts, verify prototypes, create and execute clinically simulated bench tests.
- Verify and validate designs and transfer new products into production.
- Transfer products designed for manufacturing throughout the development cycle and into full production.
- Work with external resources to resolve product issues, quality design and performance.
- Translate functional needs into product specifications.
- Gather business intelligence (patent, technology and competitive intelligence) to identify new scientific trends and conduct strategic planning.
- Gather any legal documents, including laws, regulations and patents that are necessary for determining a project’s feasibility.
- Assist with Company Intellectual Property protection of innovative designs and developments.
- Manage multiple project timelines, resources, and responsibilities to achieve goals.
- Ability to successfully manage R&D projects cohesively together with a small sized engineering team
- Understanding of environmental scientific instrumentation – strong prior experience in the field of air quality measurement instrumentation, or other scientific measurements monitoring instrumentation, is preferable
- Ability to analyze data
- Previous Involvement on instrumentation and sensor technology research projects a plus
- Background in Electronics/Electrical, Mechanical, and/or Chemical engineering
- Willingness to travel on a limited basis
- Computer programming knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge of Solid Works is preferred.
- Knowledge of Mathematica is preferred.
- Proven ability to identify, break down and solve a variety of difficult technical problems.
- Disciplined and well-organized in documentation (plans, requirements, drawings, design reviews, and test methods)
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with a minimum of supervisor input
- Must be proficient in the English Language.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be based in the USA and be authorized to work in the USA.
- A proximity to our R&D center in Rhode Island or a willingness to relocate is preferred.
Education & Experience:
- Technology degree in engineering, or related engineering discipline, PHD preferred.
- PMP credential is a Plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing instrumentation.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a Design Control environment.
If you are a student or recent graduate with mechanical aptitude, we are interested in hearing from qualified internship candidates anytime. Interns will have the opportunity for meaningful contributions to Ambilabs® while experiencing professional development.