Ambilabs is a focused and ambitious organization committed entirely to helping scientists, researchers, government, and industrial entities accurately measure what is in the air. Our customers encompass Federal government agencies, State and Local government environmental protection agencies, major industrial facilities, environmental consulting firms, and various scientific and research organizations. We love working with hundreds of scientists and engineers who share the same passion we do.
When you are part of the team at Ambilabs then you are helping the world to breathe better. Your work will have a real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
To learn more about current opportunities, click on the career title below.
Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our company as a full-time Shipping and Receiving Coordinator. As part of our team, you oversee and document the receiving of packages, parcels, and supplies, store items in the appropriate areas, and prepare items for shipping. This is a position that requires a highly organized personality. The ideal candidate has strong attention to detail while managing the logistics of a high volume of items entering and leaving the facility. You must be able to lift up to fifty pounds unaided and be able to bend, crouch, and lift items throughout your shift.
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Hours: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
What will you do?
- Receive incoming shipments, inspect for possible damages, and verify items received match items ordered. Distribute goods to appropriate departments and/or stock into inventory.
- Securely pack and prepare outgoing small package and LTL shipments in a timely manner. Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet quality and client specifications.
- Determine the best method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Process and track shipments utilizing UPS, FedEx, DHL, and LTL freight platforms.
- Use a pallet jack or hand cart to move shipments from shipping department to storage or work areas.
- Work directly with finance department, purchasing lead, facility managers, etc. to help procure and track lab and manufacturing supplies and material.
- Identify inventory discrepancies by performing periodic stock counts. Participate in yearly inventory process.
- Utilize computer systems to accurately record, reconcile and track materials: Zoho CRM, Excel, QuickBooks.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Meet revenue, safety, performance, and quality goals and objectives.
- Provide exemplary customer service to other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to join our team
Education & Experience
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in shipping & receiving/logistics.
- Familiarity with UPS, FedEx, and international shipping logistics preferred.
- Knowledge of hazmat shipping logistics a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to perform detail-oriented work, and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Capable of working in a customer-focused, deadline-driven environment while maintaining a positive attitude. Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics.
- Moderate computer knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Compensation & Benefits
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off and 9 Public Holidays
- Gym Membership
Air Monitoring System Environmental Technician
The Air Monitoring System Environmental Technician plays an integral part of Ambilabs’s overall operations. This ideal candidate possesses skillsets and experience as an electrical, electronic, instrumentation technician or engineer with solid mechanical skills. This individual will provide service and maintenance of various advanced air pollution monitoring instrumentation systems. They will be exposed to a variety of different measurement technologies and must be comfortable working with electronics and calibration equipment. This individual will also have knowledge of data logging equipment and methods, along with communications media systems (wired and wireless) (modems & RS232 links). This is not a supervisory position.
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Hours: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Perform maintenance, installation, testing, troubleshooting, and repair on a variety of gas analyzers and analytical instrumentation in ambient and continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS) at customer facilities or in the office.
- Use various testing equipment such as multi-meters, flow meters, and other electronic testing equipment in order to calibrate and troubleshoot issues with gas analyzers, dust monitors and meteorological equipment.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Conduct customer training.
- Prepare written field service reports, maintain logs and required documentation of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Other allotted duties as needed.
How to join our team:
- College degree or equivalent experience of 1 to 3 years as a field service technician, instrumentation technician, and/ or, demonstration of general electrical/mechanical competency.
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Knowledge of the environmental compliance requirements a plus.
- Previous work-related experience or a strong electrical or electronics background.
- Instrumentation background or suitable mechanical & electrical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret written work instructions and technical manuals.
- Strong electrical knowledge, including ability to read and understand wiring diagrams – single phase, three phase, AC and DC.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a friendly, professional manner
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Precise, accurate, and diligent record keeping skills
- Ability to travel on a regular or short-term basis and be on call for emergencies, as required.
- Team orientated.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
- 3 weeks annual time off
- Health / Dental / Vision insurance
- Gym membership
- Opportunities for growth
This is a career position and offers the successful applicant opportunities for advancement in an ever-growing company, working within a progressive industry. This is a challenging and exciting position, which forms an integral part of Ambilabs’s overall operations. It requires a hardworking, energetic, loyal, conscientious person with a professional outlook. A positive attitude together with an aptitude for customer service excellence is also extremely important for our company.
You are encouraged to visit our website at www.Ambilabs.com.
Ambilabs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are a student or recent graduate with mechanical aptitude, we are interested in hearing from qualified internship candidates anytime. Interns will have the opportunity for meaningful contributions to Ambilabs® while experiencing professional development.